Current Job Openings
Seeking meaningful employment with competitive
salary and excellent benefits? Join the Unity House team!
Part Time Mental Health Peer Specialist - Independent Housing
High School diploma/GED required. Associates degree in a Human Services related field preferred. Provisional Status with Certification pending with documented plan to complete required experience required; current credential as a Certified Peer Specialist preferred. First-hand experience as a consumer of public mental health services required; may also include substance use disorders. Knowledge and experience applying principles of mental health peer support preferred. Additional knowledge of mental illnesses, service delivery systems, and peer support modes desirable. Must be able to be reached by phone and have a vehicle to transport and complete agency business. Computer competency required. Must demonstrate understanding and empathy for individuals with mental illness and/or substance use disorders. Demonstrated ability to be flexible and work in a team environment with excellent interpersonal, communication, organization, decision-making, and problem-solving skills required. Ability to maintain strict confidentiality regarding staff/persons supported issues. Ability to work in a changing environment, be flexible and demonstrate knowledge of and ability to work with internal/external stakeholders inclusive of local Mental Health System. Valid NYS Driver's License in accordance with Agency policies. Part time, 20 hours per week. Sun 12p-5p, Mon 3p-8p, Wed 3p-8p, Thurs 3p-8p. Hourly rate is $18.00. Apply online/download application at www.unityhouse.com by clicking on Join our Team. EOE/M/F
Unity House empowers its employees with great pay, plus:
- Full-time benefits - health insurance and more for working 30+ hours per week
- Flexible hours - a work schedule that fits your life
- Time Off - paid holidays, vacation days, sick days, personal days and more
- Peace of mind - generous employer matching contributions to your 401k
- Wellness – free comprehensive wellness and employee assistance programs
- Pay options – early payday and direct deposit available
- Room to grow - tuition reimbursement, free training and promotion opportunities
- So much more - more details on benefits here.